Tuesday, October 13, 2015

                   My First Day as an Intern
I am placed at W.A. Porter Elementary School with Mrs. Clifford in a Kindergarten classroom. My mentor teacher has been teaching for 14 years in which I was in her second class 11 years ago. Before I got to my field site I had to create my introduction poster with facts about myself to help the children and teacher to get to know me better (which was also the only thing I took with me). I wore a nice dress with my EAT button up and my name badge and I.D. My introduction was really exciting, because it was the first time the floor was all mine. I had thirty minutes of undivided time to interact with my new students and answer any questions they had. When I first arrived at the school all of the Kindergarten classes were out at recess, so I went outside and got to meet all of the Kindergarten teachers. When I was in the classroom I observed the children learn about magnets and then went to exploration time where they played games and ate snacks. I loved the time I got to spend in my class and am super excited about the next time I get to go back. I am most looking forward to getting to know my students and getting to spend more time with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment