Fold It!
The name of my activity is The ABC Book....
To make this book I needed-
- colored printer paper: green, yellow, orange, blue, red, and pink in different variations with a total of 27 papers (one for each letter and one for the cover page)
- images off of google to print on the pages
- Microsoft word to transfer pictures and add the letters to be printed on the printer paper
- a laminator to make the book last longer and be able to use as a "white board"
- a dry erase marker for the kids to use to draw on
- first I picked out the color pages that I wanted to use
- next I googled images that start with the letter that I needed and picked the one that was best applicable for kindergarteners
- then I went to Microsoft word to type what I want to put on the final copy (ex: Aa A is for apple. [insert picture])
- after I printed out the final copy of each letter in groups of 6 to insure that nothing malfunctioned lastly I laminated the final copy to be able to draw and erase expo marker
How the students will use this-
I will give this to Mrs. Clifford for her to decide when a student is struggling to achieve their ABC's. I will provide a expo marker for the use of it on the final copy. The students will practice their letters (upper and lower) in the blank space while they relate the pictures and the sentence to the each letter. Using the expo marker they will draw and erase their alphabet until they feel adequate.
TEKS: (1) Reading/Beginning Reading Skills/Print Awareness. Students understand how English is written and
printed. Students are expected to: (B) identify upper- and lower-case letters


No comments:
Post a Comment